Friday, May 31, 2024

How do I reset my Hotmail account password?

Resetting your Hotmail account password is a straightforward process. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you through it:

1. Navigate to the Microsoft Password Reset Page:

Go to the Microsoft account password reset page: [account.live.com/password/reset](https://account.live.com/password/reset).

2. Choose the Reason for Password Reset:

You will see three options: "I forgot my password," "I know my password, but can't sign in," and "I think someone else is using my Microsoft account."

Select "I forgot my password" and click "Next."

3. Enter Your Email Address:

Enter the email address of the Hotmail account you want to reset the password for.

Enter the characters displayed on the screen (captcha) to verify you are not a robot.

Click "Next."

4. Verify Your Identity:

Microsoft will need to verify your identity before you can reset your password. Depending on the security information you have set up, you might have the option to receive a verification code via email, text, or an authenticator app.

Select the method you prefer and click "Send code."

If you don't have access to any of the verification methods listed, click "I don’t have any of these" and follow the on-screen instructions for account recovery.

5. Enter the Verification Code:

Check your email, text messages, or authenticator app for the verification code sent by Microsoft.

Enter the code in the provided field and click "Next."

6. Create a New Password:

Once your identity is verified, you will be prompted to create a new password.

Enter your new password, confirm it by entering it again, and click "Next."

Ensure your new password is strong by using a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters.

7. Password Reset Confirmation:

After successfully resetting your password, you will see a confirmation message.

You can now use your new password to sign in to your Hotmail account.

If you encounter any issues during this process, visit the Microsoft support page for further assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment